iMac Intel 21.5" EMC 2889 SSD Replacement
Identification and Background
Released October 13, 2015, the 21.5" iMac. It can be identified by its model number A1418 and EMC number, 2889, both of which are located beneath the single foot.
- Intel Core i5, soldered into place and non-upgradeable. Options include:
- 1.6 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
- 2.8 GHz quad-core Intel Core i5
- 8 GB of soldered, non-upgradeable RAM
- Configureable up to 16 GB at time of purchase
- 1 TB hard drive (5400 rpm)
- Configurable up to 1TB Fusion Drive or 256GB of flash storage.
- Intel HD Graphics 6000 or Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200
- Dual-core models come with Intel HD 6000 integrated graphics while quad-core models utilize the Intel Iris 6200 integrated graphics.
- Four USB 3.0 ports and two Thunderbolt ports
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi, IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible, and Bluetooth 4.0